Crack IELTS with band 8
IELTS… What is it? Why is it so important to study abroad aspirants? Is it mandatory to clear this test before moving abroad for higher studies?
These are the frequent questions that strike the mind of candidates who wish to move abroad for higher studies. IELTS is the first step in the journey of study abroad. Let me explain what IELTS is and its importance in your career. Moreover, I will add a few tips on how to crack IELTS with band 8. Only a few study overseas consultants can help the candidate to score high in IELTS.
What is IELTS?
The expansion of IELTS is the International English Language Testing System. IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, Cambridge English Language, and IDP Education Australia. This test includes four components: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
IELTS varies for academics and general training. Academic is to check whether your English language proficiency is suitable for an academic environment. General training is used for measuring your English proficiency in an everyday context. Candidates moving abroad for studies should take up IELTS academics.
Importance of IELTS for students planning to study abroad:
Students aiming for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in foreign countries should take IELTS academics. For programs that do not provide a degree demands only IELTS General. It is always better to cross-check with the University for their required version of IELTS. Most of the countries around the globe have IELTS as a qualifying factor. In this test, the candidates are graded on a scale of one to nine on each category. Moreover, the minimum score requirements vary from country to country and from university to university.
- Students applying for UK universities should score 6.5 in each component i.e., reading, writing, speaking and listening
- For the Australian university score, 5 is required in each.
- For New Zealand, the score should be equal to or more than four.
This test is conducted four times in a month so totally 48 times in a year. It is conducted in thirty-eight cities across India. As it is conducted 48 times a year the candidate can write the test according to their convenience.
With the increased number of students moving abroad for higher studies the number of students appearing for IELTS has also drastically increased. Will it be a tough job to meet the benchmark? Is it possible for students of state board syllabus to clear the test?
Here is the answer to your questions. www.abhiseducampus.com is one of the best study overseas consultancy located in Chennai. You can contact the team for any of your queries related to study overseas. We also offer free IELTS training for candidates. In addition to it few simple tips are listed below to crack the test with flying colors.
IELTS Speaking Tips:
- Concentrate on your choice of words
- Use appropriate idioms and phrases
- Give direct answers
- Questions should be paraphrased`
- Explain your answers with proper illustration
- Ask the examiner to repeat the question if you don’t understand
IELTS Writing tips:
- Structure of the paragraph should be maintained
- Include Ideas, arguments, and examples in the paragraph
- Use pencils to answer
- Manage your time effectively
- Brainstorm your ideas
- Showcase your vocabulary
IELTS Reading tips:
- Skim through the paragraph
- Understand the concept explained in the paragraph
- Don’t concentrate on unknown words, instead of guessing its meaning
- Focus on questions rather than reading the whole content
IELTS Listening tips:
- Learn to understand the British accent
- Learn to differentiate British and American English
- Try to distinguish opinion from fact
- Instructions should be followed carefully
For more information and tips on IELTS, you can contact our handpicked team of Abhis Overseas Education for a better service. We work to make your dream come true.