PR in Canada
Canada is a nation that allows professionals from worldwide to migrate and settle in any of its provinces as permanent residents. Just like Canadian citizens, permanent residents also get specific benefits and can enjoy various rights. For doing so, they need to apply for a permanent residence visa from their home country.
The Canadian Permanent residence visa is a travel document that represents you as a skilled foreign worker in Canada.
You will receive this visa after you go through a standard procedure of checking eligibility set by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada(IRCC).
By getting the resident card, you as a skilled professional and your family members are given the privilege to settle permanently.Though there are different types like
- Federal Skilled Worker Visa
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Quebec Skilled Worker Visa and other categories visa, all types of permanent resident visas demand a standard degree and minimum of 2 years of work experience.
The Permanent Residence of Canada is valid for a period of 5 years and comes with unlimited extensions. On this visa, all the eligible members of your family can enjoy a Canadian permanent resident status, live, work and travel anywhere in Canada.
You are also given a right to apply for Canadian citizenship immediately after you complete a stay of 3 years in Canada along with other benefits.
Benefits of Canada Permanent residence
- Right of permanent
- Residency – 5 Years
- Apply for citizenship – After 4 years
- Family visa
- Multiple Entry Visa
- Freedom to work anywhere in Canada
- Unemployment Allowances
- Free Education for Children up to age of 18
- Medical Coverage for entire family
- Can travel almost 158 countries once you become a citizen
- Can live & work in United States of America once you’re a Citizen
- Taxation benefit
PR selection is based on the ranks of candidates in the pool using a points-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 449 (Updated 10th Jan 2019)
To Migrate to Canada, the points are granted on the following criteria:
- English language – IELTS
- Partner Skills
- Job offer
- Relative sponsor